Site Event/Activity record EEM14788 - 2002: TS - Cosgate Hill
English Heritage Exeter Office
December 2001/February 2002
The survey was undertaken by the Exeter office of English Heritage between December 2001 and February 2002 at the request of the Exmoor National Park Authority. The survey aimed to aid the in the understanding and subsequent management of the site.
- <1> SEM6890 Report: Jamieson, E.. 2002. Cosgate Hill, Countisbury, Devon.
- <2> SMO7516 Archive: Riley, H., Wilson-North, R. and Jamieson, E.. 2001-2002. Cosgate Hill, Countisbury. AF00030.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1357256, Derived 13 October 2021.
|Location||Cosgate Hill, Countisbury, Devon|
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7900 4870 (739m by 522m)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (8)
- MEM23297 19th Century quarry on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MMO71 Possible Bronze Age barrows on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MDE11951 Post-medieval field system on Cosgate Hill and Old Barrow Hill (Monument)
- MDE21108 Post-medieval quarry on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MEM23298 Post-medieval quarry on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MEM23299 Post-medieval quarry on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MDE1222 Probable Bronze Age barrows on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
- MDE21107 Two post-medieval quarries on Cosgate Hill (Monument)
Record last edited
Oct 13 2021 3:46PM