MDE14802 - South Lode Workings at the New Florence Iron Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
South Lode workings, part of the New Florence Iron Mine consisting of six adits and four shafts which have been subject to continual infilling and robbing. The best preserved shaft is a circular hole 4.2m in diameter and 3.4m deep with sections of tramrail projecting from it. A building to the north east is considered to be the remains of an engine house with coal store.
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Dixon D 1983 "Mining and the Community in parishes of North Molton" etc Unpublished PhD thesis, Uni.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Wilson-North WR 22-NOV-95 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||SS 7520 3200 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1097020 (Pastscape entry: 1097020)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE19
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1097020
Record last edited
Jan 27 2020 1:35PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.