MDE21450 - Adit 3, New Florence Iron Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Adit 3. Entrance obscured, but the depression that opened into it is clear.  Shown but not marked on the six inch 1903 and 1962 Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] Various earthworks are shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. The area is marked "Shaft". 
- <1> SEM7082 Monograph: Dixon, D.. 1983. Mining and the Community in the Parishes of North Molton, South Molton, Molland and Twitchen, Devonshire. p267.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 15NW.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||SS 7504 3204 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 46905
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/504/9
Record last edited
Oct 5 2021 1:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.