MDE21444 - Adit 4, Florence Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Site of Adit 4, Florence Mine at SS 7525 3195. Indicated by its spoil heap.  The site of the adit appears to be depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps at SS 7525 3199, although this is not labelled. The GIS mapping for the record has been adjusted accordingly. [2-4]
- <1> SEM7082 Monograph: Dixon, D.. 1983. Mining and the Community in the Parishes of North Molton, South Molton, Molland and Twitchen, Devonshire. 264.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 27 March 2017.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7524 3199 (46m by 50m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 46899
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/504/3
Record last edited
Mar 28 2017 12:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.