MDE21239 - Adit 5, Florence Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An adit is marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps and the six inch 1962 map at SS75343198. [1-3] Adit 5. Indicated by its spoil heap. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7082 Monograph: Dixon, D.. 1983. Mining and the Community in the Parishes of North Molton, South Molton, Molland and Twitchen, Devonshire. 264.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7532 3199 (38m by 29m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33733
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/504/2
Record last edited
Mar 28 2017 12:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.