MSO12314 - K6 Telephone Kiosk, Bridge Street, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A Type K6 telephone kiosk is located on Bridge Street, Dulverton. It was designed in 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, and was made by various contractors. It is a cast iron, square kiosk with a domed roof.  The building was visited in February 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4.  The telephone box was replaced in 2019 after the original was damaged by a vehicle. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . 1st amendment of 36th List, District of West Somerset. 15/08/1989.
- <2> SEM7096 Article in monograph: Gathercole, C.. 2003. English Heritage Extensive Urban Survey: An Archaeological Assessment of Dulverton. The Somerset Urban Archaeological Survey. English Heritage. P.15.
- <3> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p13, 14, 15, 26, Photographs.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 9 September 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 9128 2781 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4): 1648/15/115
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35471
Record last edited
Mar 5 2021 2:40PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.