MSO10852 - Bollard and Hand Pump, Northmoor Street, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A bollard and hand pump, at NGR SS 9237 2829, date to the mid - late 19th century. It has probably been resited. The bollard is cast iron, and circular in plan. The moulded plinth has a plaque inscribed with Farmer Ltd B'ham. The hand pump has a curved handle terminating in a circular section, with a circular shaft divided into three unequal sections. The grid reference given in the List description is clearly wrong, and the List map shows the location at about SS 9135 2819.  Both the water pump and bollard may have been moved from elsewhere.  The items were visited in February 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 5A.  An e-mailed enquiry noted that the plaque on the bollard reads "FARRER LTD B'HAM" and not "FARMER", as the Listing description states. The site is also not located in Lady Street but in Northmoor Street. The record has been updated to amend this. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . 36th List, District of West Somerset. 04/08/1986.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. Webster, C. Somerset County Council. 23/12/2003,.
- <3> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p11, 13, 14, 16, Photo.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. S Jones, 22 January 2020 (e-mail not retained).
|Grid reference||SS 9135 2819 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 1648/9/81/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 1648/9/81/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31413
Record last edited
Jan 22 2020 9:15AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.