MEM25203 - St Mary's Churchyard, Nettlecombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Graveyard in use since at least medieval times.  Churchyard contains scheduled cross MSO7694.  The graveyard is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The churchyard is also shown on the Tithe Map for Nettlecombe.  The churchyard is depicted on the 2022 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. M Aston, 1 December 1976.
- <2> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, 24 July 2002.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7938 Map: 1839. Nettlecombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5>XY SEM340925 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2022. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #47968 ]
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0569 3775 (55m by 58m)|
|Civil Parish||NETTLECOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Parent of: Edward Buller box tomb, St Mary the Virgin Churchyard (Building) (MSO10497)
- Parent of: Medieval churchyard cross, St Mary's Churchyard, Nettlecombe (Building) (MSO7694)
- Parent of: Unidentified chest tomb in St Mary the Virgin's Churchyard, Nettlecombe (Building) (MSO10496)
- Part of: St Mary's Church, Nettlecombe (Building) (MSO11460)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Church Heritage Record ID: 601525
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10494
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7695
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE9
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 188331
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33834
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34271
Record last edited
May 26 2022 11:26AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.