MSO10496 - Unidentified chest tomb in St Mary the Virgin's Churchyard, Nettlecombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Chest tomb. Early C17, altered probably late C18. Sandstone. Flat topped, cavetto moulded cornice, moulded plinth, billeted arcades North and South sides, single bays East and West ends, latter with added heraldic panel in grey stucco. Largely obscured by ivy at time of survey, (October 1983).  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264789. First Listed on 21 December 1984.  Stone, Ashlar walls.  The building was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A. 
- <1> SSO673 Index: 21/12/1984. Thirty-first List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. Distict of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||ST 0568 3774 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NETTLECOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 375/5/31
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 30729
Record last edited
Apr 12 2017 4:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.