MEM24827 - St Petrock's Churchyard, Timberscombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
[SS 9559 4205] St. Petrock's Church [NAT]  St. Petrock's Church, formerly St. Michael's is in normal use. There must have been an earlier church on the site of the present one, which is predominantly 15th century. [2-5] Graveyard in use since at least medieval times.  The churchyard is visible on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7603 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1928-1938. 6 Inch Map: 1928-1938, 3rd Edition. 1:10560. 1938.
- <2> SEM7708 Unassigned: Hancock, F.. 1902. REV Object Name Book. 25.
- <3> SMO5711 Monograph: Pevsner, N.. 1958. The Buildings of England: South and West Somerset. Penguin Books. 323.
- <4> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 26 May 1965.
- <5> SSO727 Monograph: Allen, N.V.. 1974. Churches and Chapels of Exmoor. Exmoor Press. 80-1.
- <6> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council staff comments. M Aston, 2 December 1976.
- <7>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46458 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9558 4205 (72m by 52m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Church Heritage Record ID: 601482
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO8306
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10607
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12158
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE16
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36893
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31081
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35055
Record last edited
Jan 15 2020 4:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.