MSO8304 - Mesolithic flint from Timberscombe Churchyard (Find Spot)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 9560 4203. Flint flake with secondary chipping found in the churchyard at Timberscombe, July 1945. Given to the County Museum, Taunton by Dr FC Eeles.  This flake is classified as Mesolithic by Taunton Castle Museum. There seem to have been no other finds from the same area. 
- <1>XY SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 94 (1948-9), 50. [Mapped feature: #46460 ]
- <2> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 26 May 1965.
|Grid reference||SS 9560 4203 (point)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36887 (Original Monarch entry: 36887)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE14
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36887
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34112
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35055
Record last edited
Jan 15 2020 4:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.