MSO6289 - Post-medieval field system west of Elsworthy Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Linear group of small enclosures. [1,2] Relict field boundaries are visible on aerial photographs defining a fragmentary group of enclosures located at circa SS 919 418, on a northeast facing spur above the confluence of Hanny Combe and Spangate grove, some 250 metres to the west of Elsworthy Allotment. They are probably associated with a much larger relict field system to the south, thought to be of post-medieval date. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4067 Aerial photograph: Aerial photograph reference number . RAF CPE/UK/1980 (F20) 4175-6 (11 April 1947).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9141B.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS 70381 039 23-SEP-1970.
- <4> SMO7569 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 94 SW. MD002186.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 918 418 (401m by 189m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||WOOTTON COURTENAY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?a=0&hob_id=1086569 (Original Monarch entry: 1086569)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO534
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11788
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW41
- National Park
- National Trust HER Record
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1086569
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 34360
Record last edited
Aug 3 2020 2:38PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.