MSO10855 - 1, Jury Lodge, Pixton Park (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
One of a pair of lodges to Pixton Park (qv), now dwelling. Mid-late 18th Century. Roughcast over rubble with slate hung main elevation (east), slate roof, overhanging eaves, 20th Century brick stacks set in from gable ends. Probably 2-cell, lying east-west with gate pier at north-east corner, No 2 Jury Lodge (qv) lying north-south, gate piers formerly in south-east corner demolished. East front: one and a half storeys, single bay, lunette window with 2-light casement above semi-circular headed recess containing 12-pane sash window; right return looking onto former drive, 2 semi-circular headed recesses, 12-pane sash window right, flush panelled door with panelled reveals right south front one 12-pane sash window set below eaves above 20th Century door, 12-pane sash windows in outer bays, 20th Century window to right of entrance. Forms a good group with No 2 Jury Lodge, similar in style to Higher Combe (qv), Dulverton CP.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 429461. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  2-cell plan. Stone, Ashlar, Slate-hanging walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9272 2760 (15m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/9/84/1
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31416
Record last edited
Mar 24 2021 10:52AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.