MEM22706 - Gate pier, Jury Lodges, Pixton Park (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Jury Lodge - one of a pair of lodges to Pixton Park with gate pier remaining. Mid-late 18th Century... lying east-west with gate pier at northeast corner, No 2 Jury Lodge lying north-south, gate piers formerly in southeast corner demolished. Gate pier: unidentified ashlar stone, urn set on low pitch, plain cornice, recessed panel to pier, plinth; about 50 cm from lodge.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 429461. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  The gate ier was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||SS 9271 2759 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 1648/9/84/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31416
Record last edited
Mar 24 2021 10:56AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.