MSO10848 - The Greenway, High Street, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
'The Greenway' is a house of late 18th - early 19th century date. It is a refronting and enlargement of an earlier dwelling.  The Greenway was previously known as The Green. It has served as a parsonage, hotel, private house, and is now divided into flats.  The Greenway is approached by a drive from the High Street. The main south facing, five bay range is in Regency style. The interior is thought to retain significant period detail, for example, panelled shutters to windows, a stick baluster stair, and a segmental headed doorway also containing a fanlight.  Greenways was previously a public house, called the Green Hotel.  The building was visited in February 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . 36th List, District of West Somerset. 04/08/1986.
- <2> SEM7521 Monograph: Binding, H. + Bonham-Carter, V.. 1986. Old Dulverton and Around: Dulverton - Bury - Brushford - Exebridge. The Exmoor Press. P.48, Photo.
- <3> SEM7096 Article in monograph: Gathercole, C.. 2003. English Heritage Extensive Urban Survey: An Archaeological Assessment of Dulverton. The Somerset Urban Archaeological Survey. English Heritage. P.13.
- <4> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p8, 16.
- <5> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. P.43, Photograph.
- <6> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9144 2780 (36m by 25m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/15/77
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31409
Record last edited
Mar 12 2021 9:53AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.