MSO10835 - 20th Century lych gate in All Saints Churchyard, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The Gothic style lych gate at the Church of All Saints was built in 1907. It is constructed of stained wood, random rubble local stone and Bath stone dressings, with a bell cast clay tile roof and decorative pierced bargeboards. It was erected to the memory of William Pearse. [1, 2] The building was visited in February 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . 36th List. 04/08/1986.
- <2> SSO281 Index: 1914. Kellys Directory.
- <3> SEM7583 Report: Turner, J.. 2010. All Saints Church, Dulverton. P.5.
- <4> SEM7096 Article in monograph: Gathercole, C.. 2003. English Heritage Extensive Urban Survey: An Archaeological Assessment of Dulverton. The Somerset Urban Archaeological Survey. English Heritage. P.15.
- <5> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p13, 16, Photo.
- <6> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. P.35.
- <7> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9143 2797 (3m by 5m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5): 1648/15/61
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31392
Record last edited
Mar 5 2021 2:47PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.