MSO10738 - Holnicote House stables (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Stable block, now store. C18. Rendered over rubble, exposed red sandstone quoins, hipped slate roof, overhanging eaves with sprockets. Plan: loft over stables. Two storeys, first floor semicircular headed casements with rusticated surrounds flanking leaded oeil-de-boeuf windows, ground floor 2 segmental headed windows, blocked in lower portions, with rusticated jambs, flanking central doorway also with rusticated jambs, segmental headed relieving arch, flat roofed porch carried on shaped brackets, renewed double door. Stables to Holnicote House (not included).  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265519. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  5-bay plan. Stone, Render walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9108 4619 (22m by 11m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/26/105
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31235
Record last edited
Feb 27 2019 4:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.