MSO10726 - Barn at Brandish Street Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Barn. Late C18-early C19. Red sandstone random rubble, slate roofed barn. Plan: double threshing barn with porches on south-west side. Seven bay barn, 4 collar beam trusses, 2 principal rafters with tie beams.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265506. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  Stone, Random rubble walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41120 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9069 4671 (20m by 18m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/25/93/1
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31222
Record last edited
Jan 13 2021 10:01AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.