MSO11592 - Post-medieval pig sty or horse engine house at Brandish Street Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Circular pig sty noted here.  Horse engine house, now store house. Late C18-early C19. Red sandstone random rubble, thatched round house. Plan: double threshing barn with porches on south-west side flanking coeval horse engine house. Circular horse engine house without main beam for engine, 2 rectangular unglazed openings and square headed entrance on north front.  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The feature is marked on 2020 MasterMap data and labelled "Silo". 
- <1> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Mick Aston, 6 February 1977.
- <2> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41121 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9069 4670 (8m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119195 (Original Monarch entry: 1119195)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/25/93/2
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8074
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW51
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1119195
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33998
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 10:49AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.