MSO10274 - K6 Telephone kiosk (Winsford 211), Winsford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265586. First Listed on 15/08/1989.  The building was visited in March 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A.  A more recent listing is the cast iron red telephone kiosk known as “type K6” and designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in 1935. 
- <1> SSO65 Index: 15/8/1989. 5th amendment of 35th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4> SEM6960 Report: Fisher, J.. 2005. Winsford: Village Character Appraisal.
|Grid reference||SS 9065 3490 (point) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 1076/19/172
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17526
Record last edited
May 23 2016 3:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.