MMO761 - Post-medieval water meadow south of Lower Eastcott Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Water meadow system of post-medieval date to either side of the small brook, running southward from Lower Eastcott Farm, centred at SS 9940 3370. This site forms part of an extensive system of field gutters which is described in recordsMMO680, MMO760, MMO762 and MSO8881. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1944/3147-8 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/2082/4023-4 (19 May 1947).
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: Dyer, C.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1121351, Extant 5 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9956 3378 (520m by 373m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Related to: Post-medieval and modern fishponds to the west of Withiel Florey (Monument) (MSO8881)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Eastcott Farm (Monument) (MMO762)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow at Swansea Farm (Monument) (MMO680)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow north of St Mary Magdalene's Church (Monument) (MMO760)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121351 (Original Monarch entry: 1121351)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8955
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE88
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1121351
Record last edited
May 5 2022 10:50AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.