MMO760 - Post-medieval water meadow north of St Mary Magdalene's Church (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Water meadow system of post medieval date on south facing slopes, to the north of St Mary Magdelene's Church, Withiel Florey, centred at SS 9892 3368. This site forms part of an extensive system of field gutters which is described in records MMO680, MMO761, MMO762 and MSO8881. [1,2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3147-8 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4023-4 19-MAY-1947.
- <3> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9900 3385 (717m by 786m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Related to: Fishponds to the west of Withiel Florey (Monument) (MSO8881)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Eastcott Farm (Monument) (MMO762)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow at Swansea Farm (Monument) (MMO680)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow south of Lower Eastcott Farm (Monument) (MMO761)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1121331 (Original Monarch entry: 1121331)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8954
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE87
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1121331
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 9:46AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.