MMO680 - Post-medieval water meadow at Swansea Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Fragments of a catch meadow irrigation system in fields surrounding Swansea Farm, centred at SS 9945 3335. To the west, the drainage ditches extend as far as Withiel Florey church (SS 9858 3320). These features were plotted during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. 
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Francis P, 1984, A Survey and Description of the catch meadow irrigation systems, BA dissertation.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3148 April 1947.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 5147-8 23-JAN-1947.
- <4> SMO7520 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SE. AF1118137.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9907 3321 (1189m by 422m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Related to: Fishponds to the west of Withiel Florey (Monument) (MSO8881)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Eastcott Farm (Monument) (MMO762)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow north of St Mary Magdalene's Church (Monument) (MMO760)
- Related to: Post-medieval water meadow south of Lower Eastcott Farm (Monument) (MMO761)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1118305 (Original Monarch entry: 1118305)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11922
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8905
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE30
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1118305
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34501
Record last edited
Jan 3 2018 9:46AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.