MEM22350 - Telephone box adjacent to Lyndale Bridge, Lynmouth (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, made by W Macfarlane and Co, Saracen Foundry, Glasgow. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels, and margin-pane glazing to sides and door.  A listed “K6” pattern telephone kiosk to the familiar 1935 design of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott with margin-pane glazing to the door and sides is at Lyndale Car Park. It was manufactured at the Saracen Foundry in Glasgow.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest .
- <2> SEM6954 Report: Fisher, J.. 2003. Lynmouth: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 17.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||SS 7240 4944 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 858/1/4/71
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
Record last edited
Jun 11 2021 11:32AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.