MEM22329 - Telephone box, Lynmouth Street, Lynmouth (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by Lion Foundry Co Ltd, Kirkintilloch. Cast-iron. Square kiosk with domed roof, unperforated crowns to top panels, and margin-pane glazing to door and sides.  A listed “K6” pattern telephone kiosk is to the familiar 1935 design of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott with margin-pane glazing to the door and sides. It was manufactured at the Lion foundry in Kirkintilloch, Scotland.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest .
- <2> SEM6954 Report: Fisher, J.. 2003. Lynmouth: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 17.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||SS 7224 4957 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 858/1/4/74
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Jul 11 2016 12:38PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.