MDE21763 - Post-medieval trackway south of the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A track shown on the 1890 Ordnance Survey map, running along a field boundary, survives as a public bridleway.  There is a well preserved 40 metre section at the northern end of the hollow way.  The route is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. It continues northwards as MDE11182. 
- <1> SDE323788 Report: Nicholas Pearson Associates. 2000. Lynton Water Supply: Environmental report. P.64-65.
- <2> SEM7574 Report: Whitton, C.J.M.. 2000. Archaeological Recording on the South West Water Lynton Water Supply Pipeline. P.6.
- <3>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #37909 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6748 4613 (209m by 349m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Parent of: Late 19th Century railway bridge west of Woody Bay Station (Monument) (MDE21765)
- Related to: Hollow ways across Martinhoe Common (Monument) (MDE11182)
- Related to: Post-medieval field boundary south of the Lynton to Barnstaple Railway Line (Monument) (MDE21762)
- Related to: Post-medieval hollow way north of Killington Cross (Monument) (MDE21783)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 64578
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/145/1
Record last edited
Oct 14 2020 1:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.