MDE20982 - St Vincent, Market Street, Lynton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
St. Vincent, Market Street. Dated 1834, detached stucco house, 2 storey 3 window front. Slightly projecting centre has small gable with ornamental barge boards and finial. Flank pilasters. Sash windows with glazing bars. Round headed doorway with recessed arched ring.6-panel door, set back forming porch. Radial bar fanlight. Slate roof. End chimneys. Low stone front garden wall with ornamental iron railings and gate with square piers.  St. Vincent is a detached villa dated 1834, having a typical symmetrical two-storey frontage with central six-panel door and radial fanlight. At one time, the Lynton Museum was its service wing.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . HHR: Lynton (3 Sept 1973) 13.
- <2> SEM6953 Report: Fisher, J.. 2002. Lynton: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 16, 18.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7203 4937 (16m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 858/1/4/39
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 24061
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/122
Record last edited
Jun 11 2021 8:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.