MSO7942 - Alleged Bronze Age barrow on Porlock Allotment (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Possible barrow at this location.  A possible barrow was noted on Porlock Allottment at SS 850 445 . No prehistoric burial cairns could be found at this location, but two mounds of probable post-medieval origin were surveyed using differential GPS as part of the RCHME East Exmoor Project. (See MSO7952 and MSO7958).  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO1058 Unpublished document: Eardley Wilmot, H. 08.11.77. H Eardley-Wilmot to Somerset County Council 08.11.77 - discovery. [Mapped feature: #41935 ]
- <2> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1997.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974989, Extant 19 June 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 849 444 (point) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974989 (Original Monarch entry: 974989)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11562
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW84
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974989
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33959
Record last edited
Jun 19 2021 10:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.