MSO7958 - Post-medieval mound on Porlock Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An irregular mound lies on Porlock Common at SS 85081 44674. It measures 4 metres north to south by 2 metres east to west and is 0.5 metres high. The mound is probably the result of post-medieval peat cutting. It was surveyed by GPS as part of the East Exmoor Project. 
- <1> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 11 September 1997.
|Grid reference||SS 85080 44673 (point) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1091096 (Original Monarch entry: 1091096)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10190
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE109
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1091096
- Somerset SMR PRN: 15638
Record last edited
Sep 4 2017 8:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.