MSO7952 - Post-medieval mound on Porlock Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An irregular, stony mound lies on Porlock Allotment at SS 84930 44896. It measures 7.5 metres north to south and 1.5 to 2 metres east to west. It lies on the edge of an area of peat cutting and is probably associated with this activity. It was surveyed using GPS as part of the East Exmoor Project. (1)
- <1> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 27 March 1997.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 84930 44895 (4m by 2m)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1090850 (Original Monarch entry: 1090850)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10206
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7952
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW148
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW149
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1090850
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1091075
- Somerset SMR PRN: 15654
Record last edited
Oct 11 2013 11:55AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.