MSO7798 - Dovecote northeast of Leigh Barton Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Pigeon House recorded on 1839 map. Demolished by 1965. ST 02813607. Pigeon House.  Demolished. [2,3] The building is marked 'Pigeon House' on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map and 'Dovecote' on the 2nd Edition maps. [4-6]
- <1> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Old Cleeve Tithe Map 1839.
- <2> SMO5103 Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division Field Investigators Comments. F1 GHP 11-AUG-65.
- <3> SSO1640 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" ST03NW.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 47(15).
- <6> SSO1563 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 6" sheet 47SE.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0282 3604 (12m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?a=0&hob_id=188398 (Original Monarch entry: 188398)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11509
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW16
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 188398
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33886
Record last edited
Feb 21 2013 3:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.