MSO7604 - World War Two slit trench on North Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Centred at SS 94581 47993 is a slit trench associated with World War Two military activity on North Hill. Found during field reconnaissance and surveyed at 1:2500 scale as part of RCHME fieldwork on the Exmoor National Park holding on North Hill. [1,2] The slit trench referred to above [1,2] is not visible on the available aerial photography. [3,4]
- <1>XY SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 13 November 1997. [Mapped feature: #46828 ]
- <2> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding.
- <3> SMO7036 Verbal communication: Dickson, Amanda D. 2007-2009. RCHME/EH Aerial Photographers Comment (Severn Estuary NMP).
- <4> SMO7542 Archive: Severn Estuary Rapid Coastal Zone Assessment: SS 94 NW. MD000133.
|Grid reference||SS 94581 47993 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1102244 (Original Monarch entry: 1102244)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO639
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12458
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW93
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1102244
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35659
Record last edited
Nov 25 2020 2:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.