MSO12448 - Post-medieval quarry southeast of Wood Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
One of five small quarries. Some are associated with the construction of nearby stone field banks but others appear to be shallow quarrying for building stone. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 16 December 1997.
- <2> SMO5780 Report: Riley, H. and Wilson-North, R.. 1997. The field archaeology of North Hill: An archaeological survey of the Exmoor National Park holding. RCHME. p10,11.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1103396, Extant 10 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9520 4693 (32m by 41m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Related to: Post-medieval quarry east of Wood Combe (Monument) (MSO12447)
- Related to: Post-medieval quarry east of Wood Combe (Monument) (MSO12449)
- Related to: Post-medieval quarry east of Wood Combe (Monument) (MSO12450)
- Related to: Post-medieval quarry northeast of Wood Combe (Monument) (MSO12451)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1103396 (Original Monarch entry: 1103396)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7542
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NE74
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1103396
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35649
Record last edited
May 10 2022 11:35AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.