MSO12305 - K6 Telephone kiosk (Dunster 821323), Park Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. MAde by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264756. First Listed on 15/08/1989.  Square plan. Iron frame walls.  The telephone box is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A.  The structure is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data and labelled "TCB". 
- <1> SSO55 Index: 15/8/1989. 2nd amendment of 25th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset)..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- <5> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <6>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39169 ]
|Grid reference||SS 9888 4338 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 26/4/121
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35429
Record last edited
Jan 8 2020 1:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.