MSO12114 - 19th Century wall on south side of Priory Green (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century. Two sections. From the Barn about 10 feet high rubble red sandstone. Doorway to church garden, pointed oak frame and wood lintel. Wrought ironwork over doorway with lantern. Lower section of wall in front of Nos 5 and 7. Squared random rubble with brick saddle back coping. Freestone to gate reveals. Later wooden gate. Included for group value.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264709. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The wall is within the Dunster Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p20.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9903 4371 (26m by 3m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 26/4/77
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34977
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.