MSO12097 - Nos 19 and 21, High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
17th century with later alterations. Colourwashed render, slate roof, eaves. Two storeys. Five windows, 2, 3 and 4-light leaded iron casements in wood frames, one with moulded wood mullions. Left-hand shop window framed door alongside. Modern glazed door and shop front to No 21. Later tiled pentice hoods on brackets over ground floor windows and doors.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264688. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The buildings are depicted and labelled "19" (southern part) and "21" (northern part) on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39125 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9913 4378 (20m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/56/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/56/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34956
Record last edited
Jan 22 2020 3:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.