MSO12043 - Tamarisk, 2 The Ball, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Late 18th century or early 19th century. Colourwashed render. Half-hipped plain tile roof, brick chimney stack. Two storeys. Five windows, 2-light wooden casements to first floor, 3-light wooden casements to ground floor, glazing bars. Central panelled door, later tiled hood on brackets. Included for group value.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264633. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2018 MasterMap data and is labelled "2". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9913 4387 (29m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34901
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.