MSO11281 - 19th or 20th Century waterwheel at Pitsworthy Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Had a Pelton wheel with water supplied by a leat. Drove 110 volt 50 watt generator to provide electricity. Removed 1968. Now has a Francis wheel but is disused. Made by Armfield Ringwood, Hampshire and was installed in 1931.  The building housing the wheel is not shown on the Tithe Map for Exford but is depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [2-4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. D Warren, Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society, 1 December 1974.
- <2> SSO205 Map: 1840. Exford Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974825, Extant 13 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 8369 4026 (point) MasterMap|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974825 (Pastscape entry: 974825)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6781
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW116
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974825
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33622
Record last edited
Jul 13 2021 11:53AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.