MSO10951 - Enclosure, Warren Farm, Exmoor (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Irregular enclosure 250m W of Warren Farmhouse on SW facing slope. Shown on 6" map as partly walled.  No walls remaining, banks 2m wide and up to 1m high. No visible entrance. Leat (PRN 33080) cuts through the enclosure on upslope side.  Suggested by the owner that it was a garden for Warren Cottages. 
- <1> SSO1607 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS74SE.
- <2> SSO463 Unassigned: SMR file 33090.
- <3> SSO998 Unassigned: Dennison, E, Somerset County Council. 21.03.84. E Dennison, 21 March 1984.
- <4> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 7940.
- <5> SSO202 Aerial photograph: May 1977. ENP MAM IRFC. 14.021.
- <6> SSO1384 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management…. 37 (site 218).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7924 4073 (48m by 42m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33090
Record last edited
Feb 5 2020 2:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.