MSO10843 - Halscombe Farmhouse, Courtdown Lane, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. C17, enlarged and probably reroofed C18, upper storey end 2 bays right rebuilt, refenestrated early C20. Rendered over rubble, colour washed at rear, bitumen covered hipped slate roof, large lateral stacks flanking entrance, brick stack rising at rear from outshot. Plan: possibly 2-cell and cross passage or 3-cell and cross passage with inner room rebuilt, addition left, outshot at rear. Two storeys, 2:1:2 bays, irregularly placed C20 fenestration, bitumen covered slate roof linking external stacks to form porch, pointed lancet to return of left stack, 6-panel door, plank door end bay right. Interior partially seen, 4-panel compartment ceiling to right of through passage; could well contain other features of interest.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 429341. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  2-cell Cross passage plan. Stone, Render walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9195 3025 (37m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/3/72
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31403
Record last edited
Mar 17 2021 2:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.