MSO10758 - Post-medieval linhay, Tivington (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Linhay now garage. C17-C18. Red sandstone random rubble, thatched roof half hipped east end. Three bays, circular stone piers, principal rafter roof. Listed primarily for group value with Dwarfs Cottage (qv) to south.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265539. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  3-bay plan. Stone, Random rubble walls. Half-hipped, Gabled roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted but not labelled on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41140 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9315 4542 (10m by 9m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/4/125
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31255
Record last edited
Dec 1 2020 5:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.