MSO10737 - Post-medieval granary at Holnicote (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Granary. Probably C18. Red brick, Flemish bond, steeply pitched hipped slate roof. Roughly square in plan. Single storey over basement. South front: central plank door reached by flight of 5 stone steps renewed with concrete, flanked by segmental headed arches, headers only to voussoirs, south west corner damaged; east front on 3 segmental headed arches, headers and stretchers to voussoirs as on other 2 fronts, three 2-light unglazed openings below eaves, west front similar with attached C20 iron tank on brick plinth (not of special interest), 3 bay arcade north front.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265518. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  Square plan. Brick, Flemish bond walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A.  The building is depicted but not labelled on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41126 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9112 4624 (6m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 1076/26/104
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31234
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 10:43AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.