MSO10727 - Linhay and stables at Brandish Street Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Linhay and stables with loft over. Probably C18 enlarged mid C19. Red sandstone random rubble, slate roofs, stables with shallower pitch. L-plan: 3 bay linhay or cattle byre with loft over, doorway right, 2-bay stable with tack room and lean-to addition in angle. Linhay: square headed full height openings in wall, weather boarded upper storey, 2 plank doors in each bay, square headed doorway right, 2 unglazed openings set below eaves left, 2 segmental headed doorways below, lean-to addition with square headed doorway in angle, loft opening in right gable end. Interior: scissor truss roof to linhay, full length trough with run behind, entered from rear; partitions for carthorse loose boxes right.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265507. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  L-plan. Stone, Random rubble walls. Gabled roof  The buildings were visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. The linhay received a BAR score of 6 and the stables a score of 4. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9070 4675 (26m by 32m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4): 1076/25/94/2
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/25/94/1
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MEM15266
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31223
Record last edited
May 27 2014 1:21PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.