MSO10606 - Post-medieval linhay south of West Harwood Farmhouse (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Linhay. Possibly C17. Red sandstone random rubble, corrugated iron roof. L-plan. Two storey, 7:3 bays, circular piers. A large and impressive linhay.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265376. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  Stone, Random rubble walls.  A visit was made in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It appears the wrong building was reviewed, which received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on the 2020 MasterMap data and is part of a complex labelled West Harwood Farm. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41375 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9335 4029 (26m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/6/93
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31080
Record last edited
Jun 2 2021 9:13AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.