MSO10605 - West Harwood Farmhouse, Timberscombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Probably early C17, enlarged and refronted early C19. Roughcast over rubble, bitumen covered slate roofs, roughcast stack left gable end, stone stack right. L-plan; probably 3 cell and cross passage farmhouse with 2 cell and cross passage addition on east front and addition in angle on north front. East front: 2 storeys, 3 bays; 16-pane sash windows, central open pediment pilaster door case, panelled reveals, fanlights and panelled door. Long left return of original farmhouse with C20 fenestration. Interior not seen.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265375. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  L-plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2020 MasterMap data and shown as part of a complex labelled West Harwood Farm. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41374 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9335 4035 (26m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/6/92
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31079
Record last edited
Jun 2 2021 8:53AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.