MSO10570 - Group of 19th Century farmbuildings at Church Farm, Stoke Pero (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (5)
- STABLE (AD 19th Century to Modern - 1840 AD? to 2050 AD (Possible))
- BARN (AD 19th Century to Modern - 1840 AD? to 2050 AD (Possible))
- HORSE ENGINE HOUSE (AD 19th Century to Modern - 1840 AD? to 2050 AD (Possible))
- OUTBUILDING (AD 19th Century to Modern - 1840 AD? to 2050 AD (Possible))
- HAYLOFT (AD 19th Century to Modern - 1840 AD? to 2050 AD (Possible))
Stables, barn, engine house, loft over stable and range of outbuildings. Mid C19. Red sandstone random rubble, brick dressings, slate roofs. Two L-plan ranges enclosing foldyard: range A abutting north east corner of Church Farm (qv) linked by archway to stables, barn set at right angles, engine house beyond; range B to east, loft over stables set at right angles to outbuildings lying parallel to stables. Range A: segmental headed archway linking Church Farmhouse to single storey, 3 bay stable block bisected by garden wall linking cross wing of farmhouse, central opening with 3 semi-circular steps down, barn abutting stables at right angles, half hipped roof fronting road, double doors with porch right onto foldyard, hipped roof engine house at rear. Range B: loft over stables, 2 storeys, one opening first floor, 2 doors ground floor, joined at right angles by single storey outbuildings. Interiors not sighted. Listed primarily for group value with Church Farmhouse.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265340. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  Stone, Random rubble walls. Gabled roof  The buildings were visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8786 4353 (30m by 27m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/5/57/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/5/57/2
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/5/57/3
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/5/57/4
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/5/57/5
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31043
Record last edited
Oct 6 2014 3:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.