MSO10554 - Cloutsham Farmhouse (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Probably C17 on site of earlier dwelling, enlargement dated 1869, partly rebuilt after fire in 1916. The building has an L-shape plan.h large C19 extension on South. The farm was enlarged by Sir Thomas Dyke Acland and is frequently mentioned in the literature on stag hunting on Exmoor. [1-3] The building has a Swiss Alpine design.  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO1258 Monograph: Healey, C.E.C. 1901. History of part of West Somerset.
- <3> SEM7509 Monograph: Turner, W.J.. 1947. Exmoor Village. Harrap. Pl. V, P. 77.
- <4> SEM6879 Report: Richardson, I. + Teare, B.. 2006. Cloutsham Farm Archaeology Survey. P. 20, 42.
- <5> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8926 4312 (23m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5): 444/5/41
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MEM15267
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31027
Record last edited
Oct 6 2014 3:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.