MSO10554 - Cloutsham Farmhouse, Luccombe (Building)
Please read the Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Probably C17 on site of earlier dwelling, enlargement dated 1869, partly rebuilt after fire in 1916. The building has an L-shape plan.h large C19 extension on South. The farm was enlarged by Sir Thomas Dyke Acland and is frequently mentioned in the literature on stag hunting on Exmoor. [1-3] The building has a Swiss Alpine design.  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO1258 Monograph: Healey, C.E.C. 1901. History of part of West Somerset.
- <3> SEM7509 Monograph: Turner, W.J.. 1947. Exmoor Village. Harrap. Pl. V, P. 77.
- <4> SEM6879 Report: Richardson, I. + Teare, B.. 2006. Cloutsham Farm Archaeology Survey. P. 20, 42.
- <5> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1517417, Extant 17 March 2022.
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5): 444/5/41
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MEM15267
- Local List Status (Unassessed)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE182
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1517417
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31027
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8926 4312 (23m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Related Articles (1)
Record last edited
Mar 17 2022 11:48AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.