MSO10337 - Gospel Hall / Marsh Hall, Hollam Lane, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A 'Gospel Hall' is shown on historic mapping. [1-2] The building is marked as 'Marsh Hall' on modern mapping.  Marsh Hall was built in 1884 as the Gospel Hall by the Mildmay family, for evangelical worship.  The former Plymouth Brethren Chapel was built in 1884 by the Mildmay family. It is now a private house.  Marsh Hall was built in the 1880s for the Quakers. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7580 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM7521 Monograph: Binding, H. + Bonham-Carter, V.. 1986. Old Dulverton and Around: Dulverton - Bury - Brushford - Exebridge. The Exmoor Press. P.55, 57, Photographs.
- <5> SEM6958 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. c.2003. Dulverton Conservation Area Appraisal. p19.
- <6> SEM7523 Monograph: Dulverton and District Civic Society. 2002. The Book of Dulverton, Brushford, Bury and Exebridge. Halsgrove. P.37, 45, 123.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9157 2802 (17m by 17m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 18600
Record last edited
Dec 4 2012 9:47AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.