MSO10271 - K6 Telephone Kiosk, Allerford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265585. First Listed on 28 June 1989.  The kiosk was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A.  The feature is marked TCB on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO62 Index: 28/6/1989. 4th amendment of 35th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7907 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2004. Allerford Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p19.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #39048 ]
|Grid reference||SS 904 469 (point) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 1076/25/10
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17522
Record last edited
Dec 2 2020 4:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.