MSO10266 - Bank barn over byre at East Lynch Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Bank barn. Mid C19. Random rubble local stone, red sandstone and brick dressings, slate roof, overhanging eaves. Plan: bank barn over byre looking south onto foldyard. Two storeys, centre 3 bays break forward with curved corners, first floor 2 lancets flanking 2 central loft openings with lancets between, ground floor semi-circular headed openings 2:3:2 bays with irregularly placed rectangular openings. A long range that occupies a commanding position looking out across the landscape, dating from the rebuilding of East Lynch Farmhouse (not included in this list) on site of medieval settlement as East Lynch Cottage (qv) to north demonstrates.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265515. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  Stone, Random rubble walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in November 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #40060 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9281 4625 (24m by 11m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=524331 (Original Monarch entry: 524331)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/4/166
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8035
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW181
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NBR Index Number: 44340
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 524331
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17512
Record last edited
Dec 2 2020 4:52PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.